header header
header about weblog portfolio services contact header
 

Monday, July 17, 2006

 

FOC Aftermath Thoughts and Thanks

 

FOC is over.

my role as one of the head programmers ended that morning as well. after a whole morning of packing up, i finally get to meet my bed and enjoy its company without any worrying thoughts haunting me anymore. slept from 9am to 8pm, ordered mac delivery for dinner, slept from 11pm to next day 11:30am, woke up, drove home, slept from 4 to 6, went out for dinner, came back, and trying to stay awake a bit more to get myself updated with my online world.

the camp had been difficult. as a freshie last year, it was just plain physically tired. this year, it was both physically and mentally draining, and perhaps even emotionally as well. a roller coaster ride it had been, and somehow, i didn't really appreciate the people contributing to down-factors of it. i'll remember them, yes i will.

for me, i have been thinking why i was able to endure all the stuff and all the shit that was on us when we were the freshies. i was thinking how i can just laugh it off and continue enjoying the camp. i had fun! heck! the whole camp had fun! why didn't some this year? for the organizing committee, we had been trying to tone down a lot of stuff, afraid that things may go a bit overboard. and so, a lot of stuff, like human cluedo, had been like the simplest of most years liao. why were ppl still affected? *gah* you know what? that night, i kept telling my frens about how i felt, because i was really trying to find a reason to why I'd been feeling that way. i felt no sympathy, i felt like i couldn't care less, i felt angry.

nevermind that. i can only say i'm a person who can forgive, but cannot forget.

anywayz, before assumption is made that i hated this camp, i shall say that i did enjoy parts of it.

i enjoyed being in the OG i got myself attached to. their company had been great through the camp. they knew what it meant to have fun and be fun. sometimes they reminded me of dian-si-kee when we just didn't bother abt others and had our own little fun. yar~ i guess sometimes it had to be that way. games we don't enjoy, we forget, we complain, but when there are things that are really fun, we played along and had fun.

thank you Lala for your support too. sometimes hearing u guys "sabo"ing me turned out to be the most comforting sound thru the camp.

thanks a lot to my subcommers and my station masters, esp Shi Si, Weiyi, Renita, Maybel, Sikeng, Victoria. you guys rawk, allowing me to exploit u all, getting u all to suffer my numerous briefings (just to assure myself), and forcing u all to listen to my whinings when i know sometimes you all don't wanna hear them. i guess ShiZi will not be successful without u all. i guess I will not be able to do so well if not for you all too. weiyi, thanks for the food you packed for me. it was great! and the chin chow! omg, i tot i'll never get to eat it that night.

thanks a lot to seniors, like samuel, xunxiang, marcus. sometimes your encouragements/jokes have been energy boasters during days of not-enough-sleep.

thanks a lot to deana. i'm so sorry i couldn't help out in anyway that i can. somehow i felt i suck as a fren when i couldn't give u enough emotional support. but thanks a lot for the friendship and i hope this goes on forever.

thanks a lot to the rest of the main comm. darren, guangzheng & sayheng, for believing in me and allowing me to just do my stuff sometimes, and pushing me to accomplish goals i never thought i had the self-discipline to complete (somehow, that sounded wrong, argh). rongjun, for the numerous pinches. *kidding* u r one of the people i'm glad i get to know better thru foc. esther, for staying up with me before ShiZi to complete the store packing, for the starry-starry-night shit we had to go thru, and for the comforting and stress-relieving chats we had on the van. melvin, for sending me to and fro from my hall and for all the encouragements. val, for just being urself and for all the encouragements we've been giving each other. justin, well, thanks, don't really wanna elaborate, but you should know. haha~

things have come to an end, in an ironic and unexpected way. it's surprising i've moved on so quickly, plunging into another proj right now. i got my rest, i found myself again, so i guessed moving on is only natural.

but i know i'll remember this experience for a long time.

*actually-still-not-enough-sleep*,
Yong

 

Comments:
yay! LALA just awarded outselves 50 points cos we're mentioned in your blog. wahha we're still very much living in our own post-FOC world.

pity you didnt enjoy the camp to the max. but if it makes you feel better, lala enjoyed it TOTALLY. the only downside being apple had to go home after human cluedo cos her mom fell terribly sick. but everything else was plain fun fun and more fun.

so pat urself on the back for that ok? thanks for everything that u've done for us. we all know that u guys lost dunno how much beauty sleep over this.

rest well, and we'll see u in school soon!
 
You are now a full-fledged Member of Friends-For-Life-Oosh (FFLOOSH), because of your exceptional behaviour during FOC.

Uh, that was me saying thanks for being a friend to us and not killing us with that penknife-best-friend of yours.

And supporting Lala. I know we rock, La.

Solid, Liquid, Gas,
Erwin
 
wahaha! omg, u guys manage to find my blog! scary sia~ u all rox!

thanks for making the camp so fun for me la~ ;) anywayz, some of u peeps really made me wanna stab u with the penknife... wahahah~ *kidding*

my penknife is now officially spoilt *sob* gah~ got myself scissors...
 
haha believe it or not, we're surfing to find blogs of ppl who went for FOC and awarding ourselves points everytime we get mentioned on it (hence 50 points from yours). that's FFLOosh for u LOL.

and its okay, scissors are better. LOL penknives are dangerous things mannnnnnnnnn!
 
hey.. guess this is kinda late but yep.. i just read your blog..

u were great at camp johnson..had to take care of so many things and yet u had time to join an og.. so dont be too hard on urself! crap happens.. but we can only control so much..

and thanks for being so nice and patient.. u did not fail or suck at being a friend.. not at all.. in fact u were great..genuine too..i really appreciate what u did. thanks alot dear.. it'll definitely go a long way..

glad to see u have so much fun with lala.. it made me not give up to see u guys and the og happy and having fun..prob my main motivation..so since youre part of ffloosh now... there's no more escaping all the outings!!! hehe..

thanks again.. it's a joy to have u around..

take care..
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
hellos! hmm i didnt know that u felt angry about the human cluedo incident. actually one side of me says that we should apologise for spoiling the fun which anyone else might be having during the camp, and yet another side of me (and probably many of my ogmates) feels that we shldnt be saying sorry for having to experience so much trauma during the camp. i think it's probably cos we were thinking alil too much into things already. but anw, i thot the camp was really memorable. hope u aint angry anymore!
 
oops anw, i'm kairu frm hurr =)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home