header header
header about weblog portfolio services contact header
 

Thursday, July 20, 2006

 

Antagonized...

 

I just woke up, and I felt like I'm already being treated like a tool by my 'fren'.

Shall i even call this person 'fren'? When I found out abt the backstabbing, confronted him, and he still won't say anything truthful. I'm stuck wif this guy, and I keep letting him make use of me. for once, i told a lie, and it's a first step towards writing a fullstop in this friendship.

Why can't I just let go? Heck man, sometimes i feel like i just wanna scream to him.


Read this from my other fren's blog:

Impressing People:
When we try to impress people, by proving that we are clever or rich or cool, people can see through us. And then we look silly. We usually impress people when we are not trying to. That is why babies and animals and elderly people are so appealing. They do not care about what you think. They are perfectly natural. Hiding behind a façade and showing people what you are not is apparently not the smartest thing to do – especially when your friends find out who you really are. Lose that pride. Just be yourself. True friends will love you – flaws and all.




This happens to me a lot. Ppl keep telling me abt how nice he is, how helpful he is and stuff like that, but I know these aren't true and he does things in front of ppl whom he's trying to impress. Then i feel like shit when i look like i'm somebody there for him to attach to.

Sure, frens are meant to help each other, but there's a keyword there. WILLINGLY. u shd not EXPECT someone to help u, just because this someone is ur fren, eh? don't take things for grant, for goodness sake. i'm not some Daiso $2 product which u expect to buy already and can expect to serve u a whole lifetime. HECK, even things that u buy oso has either an expiry date or an eventual date where it just goes spoilt.

My 'other' fren's blog oso has this paragraph:

Helping People:
When we try to help others by solving their problems, they become dependent on us, and some grow lazy. The more we help, the less they do. Mostly, we help people by not helping too much.


Don't use us frens like tools and expect us to forgive u (when u don't even say sorry for bothering in e first place too) and be ur fren for lifetime. If the reason behind u having me as a fren is so that i can be ur tool, sorry, i rather move on myself.

Sounds so childish right? but simple logic that kids understand, why can't 20somethings do the same?

Does he know how the real world works? Should I blast out my volcanic lava at him? Heck, writing this on my blog is bad enough. Let's see how he reacts, shall we? And trust me, I will write this down here.


*sick-and-tired*,
Yong

 

Comments:
"Mostly, we help people by not helping too much."

Hmm..food for thought.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home